Google has rolled out a preview of the Android Studio 4. IDE, with help for the Jetpack Compose toolkit for creating indigenous Android UIs.
Android Studio 4. “Canary” will work hand in hand with Jetpack Compose, which leverages Kotlin APIs, lowers coding prerequisites to build native UIs, and immediately updates a UI when state variations. Now getting into a developer preview phase, Jetpack Compose is obtainable in Android Studio.
Android Studio 4. also provides help for some Java 8 APIs, with no need for a minimum API amount for an app. Using the desugaring procedure, the DEX D8 compiler in Android Studio 3.x now delivered substantial assist for Java 8 features these types of as lambda expressions. With Android Studio 4., the desugaring motor was extended to Java language APIs. Builders now can contain conventional Java language APIs available only in recent releases of Android, this sort of as
java.util.streams, in applications that assistance older versions of Android.
Other new capabilities in Android Studio 4. consist of:
- A visible design and style editor is integrated for the MotionLayout format style, creating it much easier to make and preview animations.
- Intelligent editor abilities together with syntax highlighting, error examining, and code completion are available when opening ProGuard regulations data files.
- A fragment wizard and templates are obtainable by clicking File > New > Fragment > Gallery or by clicking “Create new destination” in the Navigation editor.
- Android stay templates are incorporated for Kotlin courses.
- Support is provided for Kotlin DSL create script files (*.kts) by means of the Android Gradle plug-in.
The place to obtain Android Studio 4. Canary
You can download the Android Studio 4. Canary preview from builders.android.com.